The Shamrock Capital Investment Manifesto
1. Government is NOT going to take care of you—you have to take care of yourself.
2. Successful investors in the 21st century will rely not on investment products, but on education and strategy.
3. Investing is proactive. It requires discipline and dedication. If you are a “sit on the sidelines” investor—you’ve come to the WRONG place.
4. RISK is not a four letter word, but rather something to be embraced, understood and managed.
5. Smart investors will profit from the negative unintended consequences of governments decisions. Government is the PROBLEM ... not the SOLUTION.
6. News media is for entertainment purposes only and should be treated as such.
7. If you believe in the theory of strength in numbers ... think again! Investing is not a popularity contest.
8. Investment results are not guaranteed ... there are no guarantees - period!